Friday, June 11, 2010

WILD SWIM


I have distinct childhood memories of learning to swim and I have always loved the water--in fact I crave being submersed in it at times, my souls well being needs it! At times I think I was a sailor at sea in a former life.  I am a big believer in the lure of water.  It makes me feel renewed and who does not love a dip on a sweltering summer day?  These images and story from Toast are so lovely. Cenote Swimming is described and it sounds magical.  Kate Rew's book Wild Swim looks amazing and I will be giving it a read in between swimming at the pool or our local lake or perhaps the creek that runs behind my house....I don't think I will have to look too far for my own Wild Swim this summer  :)

1 comment:

  1. ooo i really fancy a swim now. Gorge blog, loving the vintage :) X

    ReplyDelete