Monday, March 22, 2010

Its Monday, Lets Make Corned Beef







































I am trying my hand at making my own Corned Beef and I am excited to see how it turns out.

You need pickling spice, which I could not find at my local grocer's so I made my own--- and you will need about a 5 pound Brisket.

You add the pickling spice to 6 cups of water and brown sugar and bring to a boil.

Skewer your meat and drop it down into a cooking bag or 2 1/2 gallon ziplock bag.

Pour in the brine and seal your bag.
Place the bag into a glass dish and put into the refrigerator to cure for at least 3 days or up to a week if you want a stronger flavor.
I will be making Cabbage to go with this and a Horseradish sauce.

I found this process/recipe at http://www.chow.com/ and they have a fabulous recipe for a killer Reuben sandwich, which you can make if you have leftovers....I am hoping that I do because I LOVE a good reuben sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment